Friday, March 29, 2019

The International Quilt Show purchases

Wow!  I am soooo tired.  I knew I would be and am not sorry I went to the International Quilt Show.  Actually even if I was on my death bed I would have wanted to go because this is the last year for the International Quilt Show in Chicago/Rosemont.  Not sure if they will bring it back for now it is cancelled.  They did that one other time and after a couple of years it was brought back.  Lower attendance and higher costs was quoted to me.  We'll see.

I am tickled with my purchases.  Want to see them?  Of course you do.  If you don't, then skip this post and the posts after this for awhile since I will be posting pictures.  I just haven't downloaded and shrunk all the pictures yet.

This is what I purchased.  Since it was the last year here I bought some souvenirs.  The pin might get turned into another needle minder.  I will use them then.  :)



Who doesn't need a cup and a blank notebook?  I am, in fact, drinking water out of my cup as I'm typing this.  Pretty good typing for one hand since the other hand is holding the cup.  :)


Since I am going to try free motion quilting (again), I decided to get some proper gloves to wear.  I was happy to get them at the show instead of ordering them because I wasn't sure what size I would need.  I got them from Handi-Quilter and they let me try them on before buying them so I would know they fit.  Great customer service.  Also in the picture are three kits that I bought from Connecting Threads and a jelly roll of white strips from Quilt Addicts Anonymous.  Stephanie from quilt Addicts Anonymous does their YouTube videos and she is the one who checked me out.  I had to tell her, of course, how much I loved her videos.  :)


I also managed to get to Aurifil and they had a good price on their little storage box.  It was $14 (rounded up the amount) and it came with the white thread in it already.  Since I wanted to get both white and black, I was happy to get the white for free.   The guy also put in a free seam ripper because "I was so nice and cheerful while I waited on the two people in front of me".  See?  It DOES pay to be nice.  Ok, it's a small cheapie seam ripper but it is new which means sharp which means I can now get rid of one of the "not sharp" seam rippers. 


I also picked up a couple of pieces of fabric from the Quilts of Valor display.  The fabric they had there was donated fabric that didn't meet their criteria and/or just donated.  They didn't put a price on it but the money that is taken in from the sales goes toward getting supplies for the Quilts.  It was for a good cause so I donated $30.  The cabins is a cheaters cloth..oops...I mean is pre printed.


The whole piece is about three times what you see.  I have to open it up and see low large it really is.

I have 12 of these Dresden's.  I put it on my cream bedspread so people can see the color well and I have to say a cream background for those pieced Dresden's would be nice.


That's it for this quick post.  I hope you enjoyed it.  I will write more and post up some of the picturs when I can.  Now it is crash time for me.

2 comments:

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

Great job describing your day! I felt like I was there with you! What fun you had and doesn't it expand your quilting world when you attend a big show? Thank you for 'taking us there'! Hugs, Deb

esther said...

Sounds like lots of fun.

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...