Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Snow and more Snow

 That is the word in all of the news today.  Either Snow or Winter Weather Watch.  They use the names almost interchangeably.  

To remind people, this is not Illinois it is Arkansas!  Of course Illinois and northern states have it much worse.  





It seems that some four legged friends have visited.  There were bird prints in the snow on the porch but they got brushed off.  I have not seen the cats much.  Today I did see Tort, or at least one that looks like him, so at least the food and water I put out aren't going to waste.

I know that it is cold so I thought I'd warm you up a bit by putting in a couple of pictures of Hayley.



I tried to work on some craft things but it is cold enough that I just wat to stay under cover and watch season 1 and two of Babylon 5.  Put on my electric throw and get my pillow out and I get all snuggly in and watch it.

When I did come out, I figured that I would do the postage stamp block for Farmer's Wife.  It calls for 1 1/2" squares.  The book uses four colors but I think I am going to make it more scrappy and cut out the 1 1/2" squares from the colors that I use in other Farmer's Wife blocks.  So far this is what I have.


I believe that I need around 36 squares for that block.  I might start to save up more 1 1/2" squares and do a postage stamp throw or quilt or wall hanging.  Not sure yet.  We'll see how it goes.

It's time for me to get back under the blankets.  Everybody stay warm.  I will be spring before we know it.  REALLY it will.


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...