Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Hello February!

 One month into 2021 already?  WOW!  Time, once again, has travelled forward at an alarming rate.  Still things get done and life goes on.  Speaking of life....It's time to share another picture of Hayley.  :)



Doesn't she look so comfy?  Just remember Hayley,  “A person’s a person, no matter how small.” (Dr. Seuss) so continue to wrap them around your little finger and all will be well.

I've been having back problems lately so have had to take it easy.  I've finally gotten it to where I can sit up for around 20-30 minutes at a time so I will try to get this post in before I have to go and lay back down again.   Right before I was hit with the back problems, I managed to get row one finished for the 9 patch sew along BOM.  I should have realized how large this project was going to be but I REALLY didn't realize it until I finished that first row.  

It was so long that I had to put it vertically on my design wall and then turn it so I could get the idea of what it will look like.  It looks a little wavy but that is because my design wall doesn't sit flush with the wall.  It is hanging from a rod.  Still it will give you an idea.

What else can you do when you can only stay up for 15 minutes?  You learn to do things in sections.  I am working on a Farmer's Wife quilt and now have started to do some of the blocks.  The blocks are 6 1/2".  



I managed to do that by picking out fabrics in one section, cutting out the fabrics in another section and then finally sewing them together in a 3rd session.  I have three blocks done but am not sure if I took a picture of the third block yet.  I'll post it here when I do.

I also discovered an old UFO project.  In 2014 I was part of a Rose of Sharon BOM.  I finally found my unopened monthly packets.  It appears that I had fused about half of them but only started sewing on one of them.  There are lots of work to do yet but here is a picture of the blocks.



 Well that's it for my time of being vertical today.  I will leave you now but not before I share this wonderful quote from my Happy Planner.  It said "When it rains look for rainbows, when it's dark look for stars."  Isn't that a great quote?  Here's another one that I wanted to share.  It is another Dr. Seuss quote.  
“Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.”  I love all of you so rejoice that you are you and am here to celebrate it.  

3 comments:

esther said...

Love your work. Praying your back gets feeling better. Hugs

Kathy G said...

Hayley is SO cute!

Marsha Clark said...

Haley is a Cutie !
Cool quilt blocks ! I hope your back gets better Sis ! Hugs <3

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...