Monday, October 2, 2023

Changing the Wall Hangings...

     It's that time of year to start to change from summer wall hangings into fall and winter wall hangings.  In my previous post, you saw the wall hanging that was being changed with adding pumpkins on it.  I decided to just leave it pinned up (Thanks for the suggestion Connie) since I was going to take them off anyway when I took down the wall hanging.  With the pumpkins on it, I can leave it up through Thanksgiving if I want.  While writing this I saw I needed anchor down a couple of pumpkins and then had the pseudo brainy idea to use masking tape to anchor down the lose pieces.  It worked surprisingly well and I might go back and take out more pins and use the masking tape.  Masking tape easily comes off of the fabric since I'm not adding heat to it or putting a lot of weight on it.  I'll let you know if I do that.  I might try with a couple of blocks first to see how well it stays up. 

     Then I covered up my ironing board with the leftover pumpkin fabric so it is all set for Thanksgiving.  That too is just pinned on so it can be removed after the holiday and thrown into the washer to get cleaned up and put away for another time.


     Then I decided to change out the wall hanging above my dresser.  I put up the wall hanging that the Our Time To Quilt girls surprised me with when I moved and retired.  That is done in blues so I thought it would be a good time to put that blue table runner on my dresser and I have to say it looks pretty good there.  



     What is nice is that my wall hanging I usually put up there for Christmas is also blue so the table runner should fit in nicely.  You guard it well George (the dragon)! 

     Now to update you on the case of the case of the missing needles.  I FOUND THEM!  They were stuck to the pumpkins on the wall hanging.  Sigh.  Thanks Connie, again, for asking if I had looked there.  I had looked at the back of the pumpkin patch wall hanging but evidentially I only looked on the back on ONE side.  This time I looked at both sides and there it was.  The lost was found.  

     That started a couple of other discoveries.  I received a phone call from Shalom who said he was running out to get coffee and donuts and he could drop me off at Walmart if I wanted him too.  Since I had run out of caffeine I took him up on his offer.  There was one catch.  I couldn't find my keys to lock up the house.  Finally I just gave up and got into the car with Shalom.  I knew it wouldn't take THAT long.  When I got back to the house, it took me 4 hours before I found my keys.  You might ask where were they?  They were on my tote bag and I looked through for 10 minutes while waiting for Shalom.  Yeah, go ahead.  You can shake your head and laugh.  They had fallen down to the back side of the shoulder sling and I didn't see them.  At least I finally found them.  Progress, right?

     Well that started my day of discoveries.  As I was tearing apart the sewing room looking for the needles and keys, I found at least a dozen other projects I had forgotten about.  LOL.  I can see I need to work on getting more projects finished next year.  That's ok.  my method this year has proven to work and I did get some UFO's finished.  That's a win!

     Did I mention that I signed up for next years Blackwork  Stitch a Long?  I will have the 2023 one stitched on time so I will be ready for the new one when it gets here.  Here is my latest progress pix.  I got a lot of the border done since I was frustrated with not finding everything for a bit.  Nothing like stitching until 2 a.m. to calm the mind and body.  It is also a way for me to make progress on something.  The border is pretty easy to do since it is repetitive and that was just what I needed.



     It's time for me to sign off now.  I hope you all have a great day!  Until next time, stay safe and keep on crafting and cooking.  Love ya all!

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...