Monday, October 2, 2023

I am loving this Chowder!

       I had to post this right away since I made something off of Facebook and loved it. Even better was the fact that it heated up well and tasted good.  I'm going to share the original recipe from Facebook as well as my revisions.  I revised it since I wanted to use up some things from my pantry.

From Lillian Pike's post on Facebook Soup Lovers
----------
- Saute in 3 TBSP butter:
   1 diced shallot
    1 cup diced carrots
     3 chopped leeks
     1 cup chopped celery
- Add to taste:
     black pepper
     garlic salt
     Italian seasoning
     2 bay leaves
     2 teas. Tony's seasoning
     paprika
     salt
- Add 6-8 cups chicken broth.
        6 small diced golden potatoes
- Boil 10 minutes
- Add bag of frozen corn and diced salmon (1 full fillet)
- Simmer 10 minutes
- Add 1 cup heavy cream and 1 tbsp fresh dill
-------------- 
This is how I made it:
- sauteed in 3 Tbsp of butter
      1 diced onion
      1 can diced carrots -  (drained)
- Add to taste:
   black pepper
   Garlic salt (forgot)
    Italian Seasoning
    2 bay leaves
    2 teas Tony's seasoning (didn't use)
     Paprika - forgot
     Salt
     Ground red pepper for a bit of kick
     
- Add 
     6-8 cups chicken broth
     1 can diced potatoes drained
- boil for 10 minutes
- Add 2 cans of salmon I didn't drain them but did pick out the larger bones and skin
- simmer for 10 minutes
- Add 1 cup heavy cream (I used a 1/2 - 3/4 can of Evaporated Milk)
- top of 1 TBSP of fresh dill (I put dill weed in earlier).
- Taste to see what else it needs.  I added a little ground red pepper in it to spice it up a bit.  If I had Tony's seasoning I might not have needed the red pepper.  I also put in a little bit of Instant Potato Flakes to help thicken it a little bit because I was impatient to eat it.  :) 




     If you make it, let me know how you like it.

1 comment:

Mona’s said...

Hi there your soup looks delicious I can't wait to make it.

Monica Walsh

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...