Monday, January 18, 2016

Long weekend Progress

Tomorrow is the first day of school for the Spring Semester 2016.  It should be busy so I thought I'd better post up some progress pix tonight.

First of all I did a couple of more stitches on The Guardian.  It's a good thing that I have my floss all marked because it is hard to tell the differences when I am only using one strand of one color and one strand of another color which I swear is only half a step away from each other.


Then I switched up to start my second block on something that I need to get shipped out this week.


 When I finish this block it will finish up my two purple butterfly blocks that need to be mailed and I have three of the other butterfly blocks that I am doing for my own wall hanging.  Things are progressing well.

I took a day off of stitching to make some tacos to eat.  I found on Pinterest how to make taco shells that stand up.  These were made by using store bought tortillas and putting them on the metal rack that is in my toaster oven.  I put them so they hang down, skipping a row or two.  I toasted them for around 5 minutes and when they came out they had a flat bottom to them.



This is a much cheaper way to make the stand up taco shells!  So of course now that I made them, I had to fill them.  So I filled them with ground pork, salsa, lettuce, and cheese.



That is about it this time.  Next time I'll catch you up on the progress (of healing) from that steam burn I told you about a couple of posts ago.  In the meantime, grab some ice cream and enjoy it!


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...