Sunday, February 25, 2018

Fabric purchases

Here it is Sunday again  and I am now almost done with meal prep for the week and have time to write on the blog.  I had some coupons that were expiring so I had to use them, right?  That's my excuse and I am sticking to it!

Besides some food coupons, I had a coupon for Hobby Lobby.  Want to see what I bought?  Keep reading then.  If not well skip down a bit further.  With St. Patrick's Day right around the corner, I thought I could amp up my green stash a bit.  I am already using that bottom green to make a Shamrock wall hanging.




I can always use a white on white.  This will actually be the background for that Shamrock project.


I have this pattern in some  greens so it was nice to get it in a tan.


This was bought just to get some more puprles into my stash.  It's a little darker than what this picture makes it out to be.


This material is different. It has gold streaks in it plus it is a couple of shades of pink.  I think it almost looks like a marble top.


Of course I still had to get some needles for hand sewing.  I totally forgot about it at Hobby Lobby so I went to Walmart.  Wouldn't you know it?  I found a light yellow that I thought would make a nice bear in the colorful bear BOM.  March I heard was to be yellow.  Since I am using gold for the inside of the paws and mug of the bear I wasn't sure if it would do so well.  I think it will do ok though.


While I was there I saw these two sale/remnant items.  The one for 74 cents is a black and around 1/2 yard.  I can always use black.


Then I saw this teal for a $1.11.  I have very little teal in my stash and $1.11 for 3/4 of a yard...I just had to get it.



You see that blue stripe that the teal is sitting on?  That's my new ironing board cover.  It's been a long time since I got a new one and it took FOREVER!!!!! to put it on.  I found stiff girdles from the 70s easier to put on than that.  It does fit nice though so I shouldn't complain TOO much.  Come to think about it, it DID feel like I was putting on a girdle or tight jeans.  LOL  While I was at Walmart I found my fabric again!  This is the fabric that I am using for my colorful bears. 


Of course I had to snap a picture from the end of the bolt so I would know what I might need to order if I can't find it sometime.  Flush with such wonderful victories, I decided to make one more stop before heading home.  I went to Dollar Tree.  I can get into sooo much trouble (budget wise) there.  It is very tempting to get a lot of things just because they are $1.  HOWEVER, I did get something that was fun to use and it worked.  It is called Crackin Eggs.  You can see how it works on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwH3l05pViA


As you can see, I had to test it out and it worked as advertised!  It worked so well that I'm going to give 2 to a friend for Easter.  I know he will use it because a) I showed it to him and he watched the video and b) he uses the microwave to cook eggs.  Once I showed him how to cook the eggs in a cup in the microwave, he only does it that way now.  :)




I also decided to do a shamrock wall hanging which will be three vertical shamrocks and hope to hang it up on the door to my office.  This is a bad picture but it will give you an idea on what the block will look like.


You can get the pattern at:https://weallsew.com/shamrock-table-runner/

It shows how to do it with a 9 patch for the hearts but I liked this new fabric and wanted to use it. 

I found this recipe thanks to Deb at Our Time to Quilt.  Deb is in my Cyber Quilters yahoo group and it was great to see her and listen to her.  Check out her YouTube channel/page which she just started.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj0qUJKq0Td8l9kxri0T4mw

She is learning how to do a live feed which will be fun once the "bugs" get worked out. 

That' s about it.  Time to portion out the cooking that I did this weekend.  Hashbrown casserole and pork roast with potatoes, onions and carrots.  I still need to bake some biscuits so I can have turkey sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwiches this week.

I'm off to the kitchen!!! Hope you have a great day/night.


4 comments:

esther said...

Love coupons and your fabric is lovely. Not a big boil egg lover.

Kat Scribner said...

wow, Bonni. You had a grand time enhancing your stash. cant wait to see what you do with it all.

Sarah Lynn (Swiney) Jackson said...

I particularly like the schoolhouses and flags fabric. Looking forward to see what you make with it!

Marsha Clark said...

All kinds of goodies. Have fun stitching Sis !

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...