Thursday, February 1, 2018

February's Crafting Schedule

I can't believe it is February already!  I, of course, didn't finish everything I wanted to in January but that's ok.  I did finish some things and now I can start others.  Most notably will be another month of block of the weeks or block of the months. 

Speaking of Block of the Months (BOM), here is my Red Bear for the Colourful BOM.  I have to finish stitching him down but at least he is on the fabric and just hanging out.  I might hand stitch the outline of the butterfly on his tummy instead of doing the fusible. 

I am using buttons for his eyes.  It's going on the wall so it won't be around small children's mouths, etc.  That was the January one.  February's color is Blue.  In the tummy area is suppose to either be a rocket ship with a couple of stars or just a star.  I'm going to just do a star.  I will probably use buttons again for the eyes but we'll see how it goes when I get that far.

Lunch today was productive.  


I had brought in some Heat N Bond so I started to do the fusible shapes.  I have the Blue Bear on there as well as the tea cup for 2018 Tea Party.  I didn't have enough room to do all of the block from Fat Cat Patterns Gnome BOM but I made a lot of progress.  I have to get more Heat N Bond from home and then do the 7 trees and the 3 gnome bodies.

Of course I have a couple of redwork blocks to work on as well as the Queens Garden center block.  I am turning the Center block into a small wall hanging.  Not sure if I'll do the rest of the quilt but we'll see.  I will collect the pattern for a "just in case" scenario.  

I actually copied the pattern wrong and didn't check it before laying out my pieces on Heat N Bond.  I will have to redo them.  This WAS what I was going to do (not stitched, just laid out).


I think that I can still do the corner flowers as planned.  I am in the middle of stitching down the crowns and green ring.  I don't have, however, enough purple fabric for that inner flower.  That's what I messed up on.  I will take a break from it and work on stitching the green ring.  After that I will stitch the corner flowers and THEN go back and work on the inner flowers.

With all of this going on, you'd think I would stop collecting BOMs or BOWs or ANY pattern for that matter.  Yeah, I hear you laughing already.  You are correct.  I am thinking of adding to the growing stack.  Blame it on The Quilt Pattern Magazine (TQPM)  The February issue came out and there were some BOMs that I liked.  One goal this year is to work on getting some baby quilts done to keep on hand so I don't have to rush to get one done by the time the baby is 4 years old.  I have some blocks in my UFO stacks that will work for a couple.  One is dinosaurs another is butterflies.  The Colourful Bears can be a third and then I saw this in TQPM and it too might get collected to do.


Of course Angie's Bits 'n Pieces Bug Off BOM would be another one.  Now I just have to stop surfing the web and finding these patterns and get to making them!  Wish me luck!  

:)

Happy Stitching everybody!  Remember how short February is and how soon March will be here.

No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...