Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Another finish for 2020

 I couldn't stand it any longer.  The three quilts/wall hangings that came back from the long armer (why do I always want to type long armor?) gave been staring me in the face.  To shut them up, I picked one up to finish.  All it needed was the binding so I did that this week.  It was the hexagon heart which will go on the wall in February.



It will replace my hexagon snowflake that is above the dresser in the living room.


I put two crocheted snowflakes on either side of it.  I might have to make some hearts to go on either side of the hexagon heart.  I'll see.  I have time to do that.

That's not all that I worked on.  I also pulled out one of the log cabin kits from Jordan Fabrics that I've had for a couple of years.  I wasn't sure if I would like working on log cabin blocks so only ordered one kit.  That gave me 12 blocks.  They suggested a couple of different layouts.  Their suggestions were:

Layout 1

Layout 2  

I might play with different layouts but these aren't too bad.  Which one do you like better?  Layout 1 or Layout 2?  Do you have any other suggestions?  I did like piecing these blocks together.  I decided, after making 2 individual ones, that I could chain piece them.  That speeded up the process a lot so even though I started these last night, I finished them around 11 a.m. today.  I can see that I might have more log cabins in my future.  

That's about all I have for this quick post.  It is cold today  and will be for the rest of the week.  I am cozy warm, almost too warm, so that's ok with me.  The range of temps for the rest of the week are highs  between 41F - 51F and the range for lows are 26F - 38F.  If the temperatures are below 32F, I let the cold water faucet drip.  Been doing that for years and it works pretty good.  At night I also move my electric heater into the laundry room and aim it towards the bathroom.  It just takes the chill off and helps keep pipes from freezing.  Besides I don't like to sit down on a cold bathroom stool in the early hours.  LOL.  I will admit that I'm a wimp.  

I hope you have a great day.

Stay safe and well.

Hugs to all.


2 comments:

Marsha Clark said...

Pretty ! I like layout # 2 the best.

JoyfullyOrangeDeborah said...

Deborah Paul agrees with Marsha. I like layout #2 more than #1.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...