Tuesday, April 11, 2023

It's Pre-Wednesday which means...

 I'm going to post my menu ahead of time but before that it is time to look back at what I ate this week.


Wednesday - Mexican meatloaf - I was a little disappointed with this recipe.  It was very loose but leftovers weren't too bad.  I don't have a  microwave so I couldn't reheat it that way and I didn't feel like putting it in the oven so I used the stovetop.  I broke it up since it was kind of broken up anyway, and then added BBQ sauce to it.  It was pretty good that way but it certainly needs more spices.

Thursday - Leftovers -Mexican meatloaf - see above.

Friday - Easy Taco Casserole - Leftovers again.


Saturday - Whatever I ate it didn't stick in my brain long enough to report on it.  

Sunday - Easter - Slow cooker Swiss Chicken, Mashed potatoes because I love them so much, green beans with bacon and shallots. - OMG!  This turned out great!  Nothing negative to report on.

Monday - Leftovers


Tuesday - Leftovers. Chicken and Dumplings that I threw out after two bites and throwing up twice.  I'm ok.  My stomach settled down after it cleared my stomach.

So that was my adventures last week.  This week my adventures, so far, include:

- Breakfast tortillas
- Shepherd Pie
- Herbs de Provence Shrimp with Basil, Peas, and Couscous
- Sloppy Joes
- Alternate/Backup dish - Chicken and Arugula Casio e Pepe (made with spinach instead of Arugula and made with regular chicken instead of rotisserie chicken)

and, of course, leftovers.

Did you notice that I haven't assigned them to a particular day?  I'm hoping that by doing it this way, I won't have to change it so often.

Wish me luck!



2 comments:

Sewgranny said...

Your Easter dinner was better than mine LOL, I had leftover pizza and a piece of vegetable calzone, it was good. widowhood has certainly changed my eating habits, cooking just isn't what it used to be :(

Bonni said...

Nothing wrong with pizza and calzones. The main thing was it was good. :)

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...