Thursday, April 6, 2023

Oh Dear! What should I work on?

 Another week has gone by and I am finding myself trying to figure out what to work on for this week and month.  

I haven't worked on my week 14 fill for the Blackwork this week so you will have to wait until next Thursday for that update.  It probably won't be worked on until after Easter.  Speaking of Easter, I found some really cute images for Easter and thought I'd give you guys a break of looking at my stuff and instead you can look at some cute pictures.

Isn't this one so cute!  What could be cuter?



Well  I think Smidges new kittens are cuter.  She moved them the other day before the storm came in but before she moved them, I managed to take a couple of pictures of them.




I wish I could curl up like them.  Instead, before I curled up on my bed, I had to clean it off.  I was looking for something and the most logical place to put things once I looked at them is on my bed.  :)  That's what happens when my crafting room is also where I sleep. Anyway, while I was unloading the bed, I ran across another UFO (what a surprise...not!) and thought I would bring it back out to work on again.  It is cross stitch and once finished I will probably frame it.  Of course that is what I am thinking now but you know me.  When it comes to actually doing it I might change my mind.



My goal this week was to get the string of red bells completed and I met that goal.  Now it gets to sit a little bit since I had to order some more red and hazelnut floss.  With all my floss I have, you'd think I wouldn't EVER have to order more wouldn't you?  Nope.  I do not have enough of this shade of red.  If I had realized at the beginning how much red it would take, I would have changed the red to 498, which is the color of red my cone of red floss is.  Oh well. I will have it soon enough.

In the meantime, I can work on the next UFO Rose of Sharon block dating back to 2014.




I have the outer red of the main flower done and will soon work on it again.  The smaller pieces don't what to stay fused down so I will have to get out my Roxanne's glue stick and use that in a couple of places.  I actually think I might take off some of those outer leaves (top and bottom of picture) because they just glare out at me.  I'll see when I get that far.

After Easter I will be getting my sewing machine back out.  I have some things that I need it for.  That might not be this week though.  I also want to work into the rotation my reindeer table runner.  That will be done by hand.  I'll let you all know how the week goes and what gets worked on.  

So, until we meet up again, have a safe and great Easter.







4 comments:

Nikki said...

Hi Bonni,

What beautiful picture you have and have a safe and Happy Easter too. I can't wait to see what you get done crafting wise or making for Eater dinner 🤗😚.

Bonni said...

Thanks Nikki. You and your family have a great Easter too!

Sewgranny said...

No excitement here for Easter, leftover pizza and fried green tomatoes, LOL. Hope I get some quilting in this week and hope you have a wonderful, productive week too!

Bonni said...

Pizza is always good! I ate at 2 p.m. and didn't eat for the rest of the evening. I was still stuffed. hehehe.

Today I get to bring out some of my craft stuff again. It was put away for Easter.

Have a great day!

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...