Thursday, April 13, 2023

This weeks progress...

 This week was a busy week for me and this weekend will be also so I'm not sure how much I will have to report next week either.  I did get some things done though.

First up is a picture of week 14 of the Blackwork.  I downloaded week 15 yesterday but haven't started to stitch it yet so you'll have to wait for the next update for that.



I am liking how this is turning out.  Each time I look at it I find myself fascinated that I'm still doing it.  LOL.  I did download a couple more Blackwork projects to try and slip in my rotation.  Nothing large but still something a little different.  Wish me luck.

My DMC floss came in so I can now pick back up on doing the Christmas words cross stitch.  I finished another word and the bells.  You can see the new color in the picture (Jingle).  It is a goldenrod-ish type color.  What is nice with this pattern is that all the backstitching is done with the same colors so you can easily backstitch as you go along.


My Just CrossStitch magazine came in the mail and I do a couple of things in that too.  Nothing until I finish the above project done.  I need to do some HAED also but it is nice to have a little less complex pattern to work on.  This seems like it is huge since it is on 14 count while my Blackwork is on 18 count.  :)

The last thing that I have to report on is my other UFO that I am working on.  This is the Rose of Sharon BOM going back to 2014.  I now have the inner flower all done and am starting on the buds and leaves around the inner flower.


This isn't how I normally stitch things.  I normally would do all of one color at a time since I can thread multiple needles of that color and don't have to stop and start all the time.  With this BOM, however, the glue is so old it doesn't want to stick on so I find myself stitching at whichever part seems to be coming up.  The leaves do not like to stay down, even with using Roxanne's Glue stick.  It is another incentive to finish this UFO.

I hope everybody has a wonder and safe day.  I'll see you back here with another update next week.


2 comments:

Sewgranny said...

It's all looking good, lovely finishes are coming one day, I have quite a few long term projects lurking in my sewing room too!

Bonni said...

Thanks. It does feel good to work on them. They might not be finished this year but at least I'm working on them.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...