Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Another week of menu ideas coming on board in...



3...2...1...

Yes, it's that time of the week where I post how I did with my menus last week and what I expect to eat this week.

Wednesday - March 29th - Yumesetti - it was taking up space in the freezer.  I didn't have the Yumesetti because I noticed that the salmon I took out of the freezer had thawed quicker than I anticipated.  So I put the Yumesetti back in the fridge and decided to cook the salmon.  I made up some salmon seasoning and used that on it.  I fried it in a pan and also had spinach with garlic and salt.

Thursday - March 30th - Pork chops with green beans

Friday - March 31st - Leftovers. Probably Yumesetti since I only thawed out 1 pork chop.  This time I actually DID have the Yumesetti.  

Saturday - April 1st - Potato Soup  I was going to have the potato soup but my friend Dan stopped by with Pizza Hut meat lovers type stuff crust pizza.  Yummm.  Obviously it would have been rude not to eat it with him.  Especially since he also brought me two 2 liters of Pepsi.

Sunday - April 2nd - leftovers Smoked Polish Sausage

Monday - April 3rd - Spaghetti Casserole
Potato soup or Cheesy potatoes foil pack Mac n cheese lasagna - turned out pretty good.

Tuesday - April 4th - Leftovers. Leftovers will always be on the schedule for Tuesdays so that I can clean out the frig before taking out garbage. :)

So this brings us to a new week of menu ideas.  I already know that I will be changing up my meal plan but for now it stands like this:

Wednesday - Mexican meatloaf - I will have to wing this a bit since I just discovered that I don't have a loaf pan.  Still it is meatloaf and I shall probably make it in my 9 x 9 pan instead.

Thursday - Leftovers - I will still have leftovers from the mac and cheese lasagna I made on Monday as well as the meatloaf.

Friday - Easy Taco Casserole

Saturday - Leftovers probably from all of the above dishes.  LOL.

Sunday - Easter - Slow cooker Swiss Chicken, Mashed potatoes because I love them so much, green beans with bacon and shallots.

Monday - Leftovers 

Tuesday - Leftovers.  Yes a second day in a row from leftovers since I was making new dishes and might forget to freeze some...if I have room in my freezer.  I might have to switch up Tuesdays leftovers with Chicken and Dumplings that are in the freezer just to make room for other things.  We'll see how it goes.

That's what currently thinking of for meal plans this week.  How are your meal plans going?  Do you have company coming over to your house for Easter Dinner or do you get to have a break from cooking and go some place else?  

Curious minds, like mine, want to know.  

Have a great and safe week everybody!


2 comments:

Sewgranny said...

After reading this I think I'm hungry :)! Have a great week!

Bonni said...

LOL. Sometimes it makes me hungry too! I hope the Swiss Chicken turns out good for Easter. I'll keep you informed and have a great week and Easter.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...