Thursday, April 27, 2023

Weekly progress update - 4.27.23

 Hello everybody!  

It is time for another update on my crafting.  It has been a pretty good week.  I've made progress but I didn't take pictures of all of the stuff I worked on.  

I did make progress on the Rose of Sharon block but it's not that exciting to see so I didn't take a picture.  The only thing I have left on that block are some of the leaves and then the geometric design.  I won't have it done next week but it won't be too long before it is done.

I *did* keep up with the Blackwork Stitch a Long.  Here is a picture showing 17 of the 56 blocks.


There is still a long way to go before I can start to work on the final border.  I could do it now but I'm afraid that I would mess it up.  Once I get to work on the second outline of rows I will start to work on the border.  That will be WEEKS away yet so don't hold your breath.  :)

I also worked on the Christmas words cross stitch.  I managed to finish two more words (believe and cheer).  

This week I will start the top row which is Happy Holidays.  When Happy Holidays get done, I will have half of the stitching done.  That will be a good feeling.

Speaking of feeling good.  I've made progress on getting yard work done.  I had taken part of the stump apart.  I tripped and had put my out on the stump to stabilize myself.  It was squishy and before I knew it, I had started to pull it apart with only having used my hands.



Then Dan came over and noticed it.  I had asked him to bring me one of his heavy duty yard garbage bags so I can put some of the stump in it.  Well one thing led to another and before I knew it, he had pulled a crowbar out of his vehicle and started to swing it at the stump.  This was the final result.



When it stops raining, I'll try to get a picture of what it REALLY looks like now.  What do I mean?  Last night Shalom came over and we were chatting about the stump.  He mentioned he thought a sledge hammer would finish the job or even a couple of well placed kicks.  Before I knew it, he went over to it and started to kick it.  Yep, before I knew it the stump was laying on its side.  I made him put it back upright because there is a metal bar next to it and I didn't want anybody to trip over it.  But that is next week.  

I'll end this post with a cute, in my opinion, picture.



Enjoy your week and stay safe.






 


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...