Tuesday, May 2, 2023

What's on the menu?

 How did I do with my meals this week?  Let's see...

Leftovers - obviously. cut up some of my pork loin to use in Pork Fried Rice. I also thinly sliced some of it to have either in sandwiches or to have with mashed potatoes and gravy. - turned out great!


Bean soup - since I picked up some sliced ham to use in it - I burned the bean soup.  I forgot to set my timer and the beans boiled dry.  This is why I should never rmake bean soup unless it is in the crock pot.  lol.  I only used half of the bag so I can still make it another time.

Salmon -  didn't happen - made creamed peas, beans, and potatoes soup with a little ham in it.

Yumesetti - didn't happen but it is in the freezer so I can have it any time.

Burrito casserole - this uses cream of mushroom soup mixed with sour cream instead of a tomato base. It will also be leftovers. - YUMMMMMY!  Tonight I gave Dan my last two pieces out of the freezer to have.

Baked Chicken Wings (really Drumettes) - turned out pretty good.

My Pork Fried Rice made so much I ate it almost 3-4 days this week.  Sometimes for breakfast, sometimes for lunch, and of course sometimes for dinner.

Now onto this weeks attempts.

I am going to try to make:

Spaghetti with garlic and oil.  I will need to pick up more garlic since it takes 10 cloves.  I will use ground red pepper instead of pepper flakes and probably parmesan cheese instead of grana padano cheese.

Jewish Style Olive Dip - if I remember to pick up green olives

Wagon Wheel Breakfast Pie - If I remember to pick up a couple ingredients that I ran out of.

Leftovers and anything else that I can think of.

How does that sound?  Anybody going to take bets on how much I will or will not make?  You never know (nor do I).  LOL.





2 comments:

Kathy G said...

Your burrito casserole sounds like something I could cook for a the staff luncheon! Mind sharing where you got the recipe?

Bonni said...

I can't remember where I got it from. I look through so many recipes on Facebook vids or YouTube vids and then right them down. I think this was one of them.

1 1/2 Pound hamburger or other ground meat
1 onion - diced
3 tbsp taco seasoning or 1 pack
tortillas
1 can cream of mushroom soup
shredded cheese
1 an refried beans
salt and pepper to taste

Sauté onions and season with salt and pepper
Add ground beef and cook, drain off grease
add 1/2 an refried beans
Mix cream of mushroom soup and sour cream

Spray a 9x13 pan and then layer:

1/2 mushroom soup mixture
tortillas
1/2 meat
cheese
Repeat

Bake in 350F oven for approximately 20-25 minutes. Want cheese to be all melted and bubbly.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...