Thursday, May 25, 2023

I made progress...sort of...

 The good news is that I managed to get some things done.  So with that said, let's look to see what this week has been like.

I didn't finish this week's Blackwork Stitch a Long filler.  It's about 1/3 done.  It will be shown next week.

I did manage to get three words (Rejoice, tree, and Merry)finished on the Words of Christmas cross stitch.



The next row is some sort of design and then the word Christmas.  I'm not exactly sure what the design if supposed to be.  You'll see when I finish that section.  

I also  managed to finish up my Rose of Sharon (RoS) block.


I think I posted this last week but this is a better picture.  The RoS blocks will be put aside for a little bit in order to get other things done.  

I am almost finished with my horseshoe block.  All I have left to do is the leaves.  There are 18 leaves so I'll break it down by how many I need to get done in a day.  I think I can get 3 or 4 of them done each day which means it COULD be finished by next week.  The week after that without any problems.

I've also decided that I needed a new table runner so quickly did this top.  It is called Ripple Runner.  



The top is done but I need to sandwich it and then quilt it.  I was thinking of quilting by hand doing Big Stitch.  If I'm not burned out after doing that, I might bring out another project to quilt by Big Stich.  We'll see.  This table runner would be easy to do on my domestic machine so it is up in the air right now which way I'll go.  

Soon I want to work on a tote bag.  I think I will do a cotton fabric one as a sample and then go and get canvas painter's cloth for the final messenger bag.  This will be a bag for me when I go to SCA events.  Can't afford the leather version but perhaps eventually.

So I'll leave you with this Mark Twain quote...





So to all my great friends and readers....stay safe.

See you next week.



No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...