Monday, May 22, 2023

This weeks cooking




No roll pie crust - Didn't make but it will be made soon.

Homemade egg noodles (where you make like pancake batter - I made this and it wasn't bad.  It wasn't good either.  I think it would be ok if I poked the holes with something larger than a toothpick.

I didn't make the pork and rice casserole but something similar to that might be coming online to cook this week.

I did make the mini pretzel bites.  They were delish!  I need to cut down on how thick of an egg wash I use.  My dips were an Everything bagel dip and honey mustard sauce.  They both were good but I liked the honey mustard sauce best.




I also made Enchilada Springform Layer Casserole.  This was a huge hit.  Dan has mentioned more than once how good it was and has even commented on my Facebook posted I CAN vouch for this recipe. Take it to the bank, ya'll".  I will admit that I got a kick out of that.




Another recipe I made this week was a version of Chicken Cordon Bleu that was done on the stovetop.  I am eating the last of that tonight.  I did some green beans with onions with a splash of balsamic vinegar in them and some garlic powder.  That tasted really good so it inspired me to add some spices to my canned mixed vegetables that I added some thyme, garlic, and rosemary.  

Since I made all that and ate the leftovers (some with the help from Dan), I'm back to another week wondering what I will make.  So are I think I will be making:

Roasted Greek Chicken Drumsticks - I have 4 packages of those huge drumsticks that are taking up space in the freezer.  I will use those.  It basically it is baking chicken after marinating it in spices. 

Then there is a Creamy Chicken spaghetti casserole that looked interesting.  The only problem is that after making the chicken drumsticks, I won't have any chicken left.  LOL.  I believe that I might substitute Italian sausage in the recipe.  I think it should work.

The third dish will probably be the no roll pie crust and make tuna quiche. 

That is about all I can think of right now...and leftovers of course.

What's on your plate?

2 comments:

Sewgranny said...

For today my DD is bringing smoked ribs and chicken her dear hubby did yesterday and we'll make baked beans and potato salad and share that. I have chicken nachos planned, maybe spaghetti, and salmon patties. That's all my brain can handle this week...HA HA!!!Gonna look up that springform pan recipe!

Bonni said...

Oh that sounds so yummy!!!!!

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...