Wednesday, May 10, 2023

What I'm going to try to make this week...

 Before I get to what I would like to make this week, let me say that I didn't stick to last weeks menu much at all.  To remind you, 

I was going to try to make:

Spaghetti with garlic and oil. I will need to pick up more garlic since it takes 10 cloves. I will use ground red pepper instead of pepper flakes and probably parmesan cheese instead of grana padano cheese. - Didn't happen.

Jewish Style Olive Dip - if I remember to pick up green olives - Didn't happen - yet.  Although I did remember to pick up the olives.

Wagon Wheel Breakfast Pie - If I remember to pick up a couple ingredients that I ran out of. - didn't happen.

So what DID happen?  

I tried a new breakfast idea that didn't turn out.  On the other hand, I tried a  new breakfast idea that DID turn out.  I'm calling them Breakfast Tarts.  Think Pop Tart but with breakfast filling that used pie crust for the outside.  They were delicious and Dan ate two of them very quickly and said I could make them again.  That's my gauge on how they really turned out.  If he volunteers that I can make the recipe again without prompting from me, I know it is a really good recipe.  :)

I also made a Mexican tortilla chip casserole that I ate for the rest of the week.  LOL.  I still have some left which will be leftovers for this week.

I did remember the olives to make the olive dip but then got distracted and never made it so perhaps this week.  I still have a little bit of the tortilla chips left over.  My leftovers this week included leftover Pizza from Pizza Hut.  Yeah, that will NEVER get old.  

This week I will TRY to make:

Brazilian Beans and Rice (one pot dish)
Sheet pan pancakes
Olive Dip
Homemade Ranch Dressing
Turkey Sausage Patties
Spaghetti and meat sauce - not the one with 10 cloves of garlic since I forgot to get garlic cloves.

We'll see how much gets done and what will get substituted.  :)

What's on your menu this week?



No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...