Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Weekly update - including some new recipes

 Wow.  What a week.  It's only Tuesday when I started this post.  I find that I can save it so it is easier for me to write a bit at a time and then post,  So my meal plan was:

Roasted Greek Chicken Drumsticks - I have 4 packages of those huge drumsticks that are taking up space in the freezer. I will use those. It basically it is baking chicken after marinating it in spices. - The chicken marinade was made and I'm letting the chicken drumsticks marinate for around 8 hours.  Then they go into the oven.  I am thinking of a side of a bit jazzed up rice. - turned out pretty good.

Then there is a Creamy Chicken spaghetti casserole that looked interesting. The only problem is that after making the chicken drumsticks, I won't have any chicken left. LOL. I believe that I might substitute Italian sausage in the recipe. I think it should work. - Only so so.  Not sure I'll make it again.

The third dish will probably be the no roll pie crust and make tuna quiche. -   I finally am making the pie crust and baking tuna quiche.  Talk abut an adventure!  First I ended up with flour all over due to a measuring cup that started to tilt.  The next adventure was the tablespoon of sugar that went flying when the measuring spoon was hit because I was trying to stop the flour from going all over.  Had a bunch of clean up to do so that ants wouldn't find their way to all the goodies.  I also ended up adding more water to my pie crust and thought I could have probably added another couple of tablespoons.  I'll see how it turns out. - done and it turned out ok.

The true question is what to make for the upcoming week.  I will admit that I'm in a brain fog and really don't know what I want to make.  I want to make a potato and ham casserole but  I also don't want to start up the oven,  The other possibilities, since the temps are supposed to be between 85 - 95F are:

breakfast for dinner 
tuna salad
thaw out some leftover dinners from freezer
and??????

This post is so uninspiring!  LOL.  I'll let you know what I make.  I will be going to the store towards the end of the week so it might just be some salads in there also.  We'll see.

Wish me luck!


I have some 


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...