Tuesday, May 16, 2023

The results are in on what I made this week...

 



Brazilian Beans and Rice (one pot dish) - Made on Thursday.  YUMMM

Sheet pan pancakes - not made because I couldn't decide on what toppings I wanted on them

Olive Dip - made - very salty - I used it more like a sandwich spread

Homemade Ranch Dressing - didn't make.  Had too much left in my bottle of ranch dressing in the fridge

Turkey Sausage Patties - it turned out a little spicy.  I like milk sausage and this was more of a medium but I'll make it again.  Perhaps I'll adjust the spices and if not just mark it as medium strength.  I used it in a spaghetti sauce and it worked pretty good in that.

Spaghetti and meat sauce - not the one with 10 cloves of garlic since I forgot to get garlic cloves but I did make Spaghetti sauce and used the turkey sausage in it.

As a side note, I didn't have any Fennel to use in the Sausage Patties so I googled substitutes.  In case you ever need to substitute for fennel here are some options (1 to 1 ratio)...

Cardamom
Celery Seed
Cumin
Dill Seed
Tarragon

I used Cumin but I also had celery seed so it is nice to know of options.

So what will the next meals be?  Good question.  

I watched a video on making a "no fuss no roll pie crust" and thought I might try that.  I could use it for tuna quiche.

I also watched a video on making homemade egg noodles where you make the dough runny (think like pancake batter), put it in a ziploc baggie which you put in a large bug to hold while you put the dough in.  Then you pick up the bag of dough, poke like 10-12 holes in the bottom of the bag with a toothpick, and "pipe" the dough into a pot of boiling water.  No rolling out or getting our table top/counter all floury etc.

That left me needing one more recipe to make.  I'm thinking of a pork and rice casserole.  I will have to decide that later.

Another option might be to make some mini pretzel bites.  They are made with biscuit dough.  I saw how to prepare biscuit dough for keeping in the freezer so for the pretzel bites, I might just use one or two of the biscuits and freeze the rest of the raw dough for later.  I'll report back next week if I decide to make it or not.

The rest of the week will be leftovers.  Can't forget them!

That's it for this week cooking.  I'll let you know things turn out.  

What's on your menu?

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...