Thursday, May 11, 2023

Thursday Thoughts...

 Another week has gone by and another week that I didn't manage to get everything done that I wanted to.  Such is life.  The important thing is that I still worked on things and made progress.

The first (and only) thing that I actually finished was this weeks filler for my Blackwork Stitch a Long.  Here is what it is now looking like.



I am liking how it is turning out.  There are errors but nothing I feel the overwhelming urge to rip out.  Hehe

I didn't work on the Christmas Words cross stitch this week because I made the decision that I would finish the Rose of Sharon BOM block from 2014.  I didn't finish it this week but I should by next week.  Here is my progress pictures.

This first picture shows how I basted the pieces down.  I know that I have been complaining about how the glue on the fusible was no longer effective so I finally gave up and basted the pieces down  That enabled me to finish everything except for the Celtic design part.



It is hard to see in the first picture how much I have finished so here is a picture of the back.  Not the prettiest back but you can see how much progress was made in the vines (Celtic design part).  




I think I should be able to finish the block this week.  Then I will go back and work on the Christmas Words Cross Stitch.  Once that is finished, I will probably pull out my HAED cross stitch and start on correcting an error that I had made in it.  I'm not looking forward to it but it needs to be done.

It isn't much to report on but at least I am taking baby steps to getting things done.  Before I leave though I wish to give you...


I also want to remind you that...



Have a good week everybody!








2 comments:

Sewgranny said...

I never seem to accomplish all that I want to in a week, but such is life and we just keep doing the best we can!

Bonni said...

That is indeed true. It gives us something to do in the next week right? :)

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...