Wednesday, April 26, 2023

What's cooking this week...

 Another week of meal planning has come and gone with lots of changes.  I don't think I will ever make a meal plan and not adjust it during the week.  So how did I do?  Let's see...


- Shrimp salad - tiny salad shrimp. - yes I made this and loved it

-Tuna salad - or Salmon Patties - I made tuna salad sandwiches and then just ate the tuna salad by itself when I had leftovers and wasn't enough for a sandwich

- Terriyaki Chicken Drumsticks - will have to rethink since I just used my drumsticks to make in a chicken vegetable soup.   Did not happen.  I made Chicken and vegetable soup and had that for leftovers.  First time eating it was regular chicken and veggie soup.  The second time I added some milk to make it more like a cream of chicken and veggie soup.  Third time I added rice to regular chicken and veg soup and the fourth time I added rice and milk to make it more like a cream of chicken and rice soup.  Fifth time I added noodles (a variety).  When I made my Chicken and vegetable soup, I didn't add in any noodles or rice or anything.  That way when I had leftovers I could just add whatever for that day and not be stuck with the same thing all the time.  That seemed to work out pretty good.

- Ramen in some mixture. LOL. Not sure what recipe or just regular ramen. - I just had regular ramen soup with some salad shrimp added in.

- Breakfast for dinner - something with eggs but am not sure yet. I need to cook up some potatoes before they go bad so it might just be eggs, potatoes, and onions.  I was getting tired of chicken so I made some super nachos with ground turkey.  YUMMM.  Then I saved some of the mixture to use in tostada's on leftover day.


- I also made Pork Roast and after giving Dan a couple of slices, I still have plenty.  

Snacks were cream cheese on tortilla and another time I made up the tortilla like I do my lefsa (with butter and sugar).  

So what is on the menu for this week?

Leftovers - obviously.   cut up some of my pork loin to use in Pork Fried Rice.  I also thinly sliced some of it to have either in sandwiches or to have with mashed potatoes and gravy.

Other planned meals :

Bean soup - since I picked up some sliced ham to use in it
Salmon
Yumesetti
Burrito casserole - this uses cream of mushroom soup mixed with sour cream instead of a tomato base.  It will also be leftovers.

I know that it will change but that is what is planned so far.  Oh yes, as a back up plan, I will probably have mac n cheese with tuna in it sometimes during the week.  I also will be making some more taco seasoning mix since I am now out as well as probably mixing up another batch of enchilada sauce.  Not sure what else I will make but whatever it is, I'll let you know.  :)

I hope everybody has a great a safe day/week.

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...