Tuesday, April 18, 2023

What's cooking?

 I guess I'm changing my day of food posting to Tuesdays.  It seems like I think more of what I'll be eating on Tuesday then trying to remember what I wanted to say on Wednesday's.  As always, let's start with a recap of what I ate or planned on eating this week.

- Breakfast tortillas - This turned out so well that I actually made it three times.  Took a Pyrex dish, sprayed it with non stick vegetable spray, and then put in a tortilla.  Next comes your toppings in whatever order.   I usually had fresh baby spinach, eggs, sometimes leftover meat, and cheese.  Spices were usually garlic powder, salt, and pepper.  Baked in 350F oven for around 28 minutes.

- Shepherd Pie - Oh yeah.  I love this dish.  I actually used some of the leftovers in potato soup.  Basically I just added a little water to it when I heated it up on the stovetop.

- Herbs de Provence Shrimp with Basil, Peas, and Couscous - Didn't make

- Sloppy Joes - my three ingredient sloppy joe mix.

- Popcorn shrimp which was already breaded but  not cooked.  I deep fried it.  Leftovers saw in mashed potatoes and pepper gravy over it in a semi knockoff of KFC's chicken bowl.

- Arby's Beef n Cheddar - on the way back from Newbie's Collegium in the SCA.

- Shrimp ramen - with added salad shrimp and green onions.

- Snacks - Wacky cake; cream cheese on top of a tortilla.

and, of course, leftovers.

It was pretty good week for food and found it easier to keep to the food I had planned if I didn't assign any specific day to each dish.

What for dinner in the coming week?  Mostly Shrimp and Tuna.

This week the menus will probably include:

- Shrimp salad - tiny salad shrimp.
-Tuna salad - or Salmon Patties
- Terriyaki Chicken Drumsticks - will have to rethink since I just used my drumsticks to make in a chicken vegetable soup.

- Ramen in some mixture.  LOL.  Not sure what recipe or just regular ramen.
 - Breakfast for dinner - something with eggs but am not sure yet.  I need to cook up some potatoes before they go bad so it might just be eggs, potatoes, and onions.

Last but not least it ....  Leftovers!!!!  Can't ignore them.



2 comments:

A Walk With Susan said...

Sounds like a pretty good week of eats. Next week doesn't sound bad either. Wanna plan mine out?

Bonni said...

Thanks my friend. My meals are somewhat easy to plan out since it is only me. Also my meal plan just depends on how much room I need in my freezer. LOL.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...