Thursday, August 3, 2023

A Short Post

 This going to be a short post.  I'm caught up in doing the blackwork but now I don't want to stop quite yet.  LOL.  Soooo, here is the latest update on the progress of my blackwork.



The ladder looking part on the left side is part of the final border.  It will be so exciting when I get to the very last part.  This is up to week 31.  It is coming along.  Now to figure out what else to work on.  :)

Remember when I said I forgot to take a picture of the August block that I sent to my swap partner?  It was received and here is a picture of it.   My swap partner for August and I decided that the color for the vase is a cross between green and gray and we'll call it marble.  :)


Now on to the September block.  I know what I will be making but I'm not sure of the color combo for it yet.  It will have flowers in it. 

While looking through some magazines, I found this from the National Quilter's Circle.  I thought it was good info to have so I'll share it with you.



That's about it.   I thought I would end this brief update with some recent pictures of my cats and kittens.  Usually around one times a day I will have 5-7 cats/kittens but the standard is usually 3-4.  I put out the food and whomever shows up shows up. 





Have a delightful week everybody.  Stay safe and I'll see you here next week, if not sooner.  :)


2 comments:

A Walk With Susan said...

I love the marble vase, great color choice. I see you still have a good size brood hanging out for feeding time. It's good you have company to visit daily. :)

Bonni said...

LOL. Most of the time it is 5 cats around. A couple of smaller ones come over from across the street sometimes. They look like Smidge and Smudge but I believe that they are Miss Callie's kids. They are skittish but they will eventually get used to coming over for food. I went and got some more food containers for them. Between the birds, the dogs, and the cats the plastic gets chewed up and cracked. :) Miss Smudge is getting persistent in her attempts to get inside. Actually it is more like she is a petting hound. She follows me around the yard if I'm outside and the other day she started to climb all over Dan when he sat down on the porch steps and started to pet her. :) That was all it took. When he stopped petting her, she climbed up on his lap. When that didn't work (although most of the time it did), she would duck under his elbow to climb up on him for more pets.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...