Tuesday, August 22, 2023

This week's crafting and more...

 What a week!  

       I made progress on my blackwork.  I'm all caught up but tomorrow a new block comes out.  I will be ready for it.  I didn't think that this week's block was hard but I still messed it up a couple of times.  Perhaps I let my guard down (let my brain drift away).  Nothing too bad and you'd have to look pretty closely at it to see here I messed it up.


Here is more of a close up of the new block and side stitching.  I will work more on the border after I start to stitch down the right side blocks.  I have plenty of time.



The blackwork isn't the only thing that I worked on.  I finally got Lilly fused down but it took me more than one try.  



As you can see, I didn't throw away my mistakes.  The dragon on the left, underneath the eagle, was a mistake.  The eagle is also a mistake that I decided to keep.  I believe that I will be working on an island of misfits.  Those two will be used in that.  Not sure who else will join them but I don't have a specific time or person that I am going to send it to so there is plenty of time.

I did have a surprise this week.  My friend Connie, who I used to work with at NIU in Illinois, came down to take me to dinner.  I still can't believe that her and Wes drove all that way in one day but I was sure glad to see them.  It was fun catching up with them.  Have fun on the erst of your vacation Connie and Wes!



I know I'm jumping all around on topics in this post but I know my readers are nice people and will forgive me.  :)  I just remembered that I wanted to share with you what Craftsy says various sizes for baby blankets should be.  I can't say that I agree, or disagree even, with them but I thought I'd share it with you and let you decide.



You all know how much I love dragons so it isn't a surprise that when I see a cute meme featuring a dragon, I'd have to post it.  Ta Da!!!!  Isn't this little dragon so cute?




The last thing that I wanted to share with you is this little reminder to enjoy food and life.  




I hope everybody has a good week and I'll share other updates next week.


2 comments:

A Walk With Susan said...

Bonni it was super sweet of Connie and Wes to come visit. What a wonderful surprise!

I love the Dragon quote, fits you perfect. Keep that light of yours shinning!

You are doing an amazing job on your blackwork. Mine has been placed on hold I will probably pick it up again when the weather gets cooler. I need to figure out how to place those Dragons along the side. I hope my Aida is large enough. If not I will use them on something else.

Bonni said...

Thanks. There is no urgency to get it done. Hehehe. My light will shine for a log time yet. :) I'm afraid that you're stuck with me for a bit yet. I'm sure your Aida will be large enough. I'm surprised at how much Aida I have left on mine.

Hang in there my friend.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...