Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Decisions...Decisions...Decisions...

 Sometime I hate having to make decisions.  Up at the top of the list is choosing what color of floss to use.  That is what I spent a lot of the last week doing...matching DMC floss.

The first thing that I had to match DMC floss for was the flowers on a piece of sample upholstery fabric that was sent to me.  After careful consideration, I think  this will be my color palette--more or less.



It has taken me most of the week just to get this little bit of stitching done.  I have ripped out, or frogged as some call it, the stitching 2 out of 3 times.  Still I will stick to these colors and stitches so far.  I was going to work on another section of the flower but I'm on the second round of taking out the stitches.  We'll see how it goes.  :)




In addition to doing that, I am working on my September block for the swap I'm in.


After going through a ton of colors, I think I've settled on these.  




The leaves have already been stitched down.  now it is time for the vase and flowers.  The background on the flower fabric is a very light purple (almost pink) with red flowers.

That's not all of the projects I've picked up and put down this week.  Today was the day when the next block for the Blackwork came out.  I didn't work on it today but I'll work on it in the next day or two.  I have a week before the next section is put out so I know that I can get this block done before then.

I also received Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments magazine today so after I finish posting this I will sit down to relax with some caffeine  and/or water and read a bit.  

Oh, before I forget...I cut out the batting for my blue table runner.  Now I have to figure out what fabric to use as the backing.  Once I get that figured out, I'll have to figure out whether or not if I'll machine quilt it or to do it by hand.  It will just be straight lines so it will be simple quilting.

I also pulled out my hexie storage box and pulled out some hexies that were only partially put together.  Here is a sample of them.  I will need to make more and sooner or later will have to sew them together.



I'm sure I might be missing something else to report but I will catch up next time.  I'll end this post with a cute picture.\





Doesn't that little elephant look so happy?  It was a picture from a little elephant who had been allowed in the swimming pool at one of the zoos for the first time.

So be like the little elephant.  Enjoy life and take pleasure in the simple things in life.





2 comments:

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

I love what you are doing with that blackwork fabric hon! It is going to be a treasure!! Great job on your applique and your hexies! It's so nice to see you so productive again! Hugs, Deb

Bonni said...

Thanks Deb. This is my year to work on different things and work on getting some things finished. So far I think it has been 4 things that I've finished so that is more than what I had done last year. LOL.

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...