Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Updates on crafting ---

    Wow!  I actually have things to report this time.  LOL.  

    Where to start?  Well I'll start with the Blackwork update.  I am so happy that I can report that I am caught up on all the blocks, even the block that came out today, as well as have one side of the final frame almost done.


    Since I took the pix tonight, the color is a little off.  The fabric is an oatmeal color and the floss is the traditional black (DMC310).  It is not wonky on the fabric but wonky design wall but you get the idea.  The border on the left side is the final border.  As I work on the top, I will fill in the top border but I am taking a break on it for the rest of the week.

    I have the pieces for my block exchange copied onto Heant n Bond. I have the colors picked out for the leaves but not the flowers.  I might wait until I find out who my partner is and then see what colors they like.  In the meantime I can start to stitch the leaves on.  I might pick a color for the flower buds I am still not sure on that.  I can wait for a bit on that.

    I ran across some helpful PDFs from Just Get It Done Quilts the other day.  If I can find the link to them again, I'll share.  They are Quick Block Calculations in a Grid Format.    Here is a sample of the 12" finished chart.

    

           

     I have a couple of other projects in mind.  I just have to find the fabric that I want to use first and then I'll let you know.  I did receive a quilt pattern in the mail the other day and I pulled out some patterns that I liked.  I won't make them exactly like how they were shown but it will be a good start.  One involved a cat pattern (blocked and not appliqued) and some pumpkins on it.  I haven't made a cat pattern in awhile.  This one reminds me of the pattern that Missouri Quilt Company did which I have done before so we'll see if I make it.  I need some that will be for hanging on the wall for in between holidays.  Mostly in August and September.  I have a couple of ones that I received shortly after moving to Arkansas but I would like to have a couple more to switch out.    We'll see.

    That's it for now.  I thought there was another thing I was going to report on but since I can't remember it now, I'll have to tell you next time.  :)

    Everybody have a safe day. 

    HUGS!



No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...