Saturday, September 30, 2023

What is on your menu?

 I have gained so much this month (September) and I have to get back on track.  I now have to lose around 40 pounds.  Yeah, not an easy thing to do but to be honest?  I'm not too worried or concerned.  My menu items will be heavy on the starches until probably after the new year.  I'll adjust.

Anyway, I did get a cute gadget that I am in love with.  It is a n electric mason jar vacuum sealer.  I can't wait to get some mason jars so I can seal up some of the stuff in the pantry.  Things like oats, rice, different noodles, etc.  I also plan on getting some smaller jars and put some of my spices in them.  Things that I could buy in bulk and use table top size containers for the every day use and the rest in a mason jar.  I will just need to make sure that I get jars which have regular size tops.  I will eventually wide mouth lids.  I have regular mouth lids already so I will start with them.




Another thing that I did since my last post was to follow the directions on a FB video on how to store your plastic bag .  You take an empty Kleenex box and fold your plastic bags in push them into the box.



It works out pretty good.  The trick is that when  you fold it, you run it through the handles.  So when you pull one out, it pulls the next one (the handles) up so it will be handy and ready for you.  Pretty smart, right?

I'm not sure on what I'll eat this coming week.  I have some single food  servings of a variety of food in the freezer so might use them.  It is portion control and makes more room in the freezer for other things.  I have another week to go before I go to Pantry and see what I'll get.  That will probably determine what my menu will be.

I'll let you know.

Now for some recipes.  I hope you will enjoy them.





Have a great day everybody!  What's on your menu?

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...