Sunday, January 13, 2013

Brrrrrrr......

It's a cold day today.  I suppose I should have been prepared for it, and I guess I really was, but it doesn't mean that I still waned to see the temperatures be around 27 for a high.  I went out to scrap the windows before taking Biscuits and Gravy to mom.

It took me a couple of minutes to get INTO the car for the rain we had a couple of days ago turned into sleet some time in the middle of the night and the doors were frozen shut.  THEN it took about another 15 minutes to scrap the ice off the windows so I could safely drive.  Whew!  I was ready to go back to bed!!

Made it to mom's and back without any problems.  What does it look outside now?

here's a webcam image link for what it looks like across the street from where I work.

http://www.reg.niu.edu/regrec/kingcam/index.shtml

I haven't worked on any projects this weekend yet.  I signed up for another test pattern so that will be fun to do.  Eventually you'll see pix of it here.

The turtles are coming along.  I cut the fabric wrong and one of the "turtle shells" is very thin.  I almost scrapped the whole thing but my friend Connie convinced me to carry on.  I'll probably thank her later but I don't know.  (grings).

I need to get it done by the end of the month or close to it so I guess I'd better get off the computer and back to stitching.  Two more turtles to stitch and then dye the fabric a little bit more and then sandwich it with the back.  Wish me luck.

Everybody have a great day.



No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...