Sunday, January 27, 2013

rain rain go away

It's January and we get rain?  Really?!

We are getting rain right now but it will freeze overnight.  It was predicted that the ice tomorrow morning could be a couple of inches thick.  If so I'll probably stay home and might even be without power.  That being the case, I thought I'd better post here while I can.

The turtles have been dyed, although I want to say died.  The picture of them is on the work computer so you'll have to wait a bit for what the final dye looked like.  I can live with it.  So then I went to start on the next project which is the test project.  Of course I can't talk too much about it because it's still a secret but I can tell you that i bught three fabrics that looked good until I had to put it together.  Back to the drawing board.  I'll have to wait until payday to try and get different fabrics.

So on to the NEXT project.  I'm stuck on what to do next.  Too many choices.  Finally I decided to get out the Animal Babies that Angie's Bits 'n Pieces is offering.  Check it out.  You get TWO (2) free patterns each month.  Make sure to check it at the first of the month because if you miss a month you have to pay for the patterns.  This is the site which offered that cute Asian Teapot BOM last year.  The site is located at:

http://ajpadilla.com/bom/animal-babies

I decided to do the lion first.  I have the horse drawn on fusible but haven't found a good color for part of it yet.  That's ok.  It's downloaded and it will wait for its turn in the que.  In the meantime here is the lion one.  It's fused on but not sewn on.  I think I'll use two small black buttons for the eyes.  There will be black embroidery coming down from the nose and will form a smile on him.   At least it's fused on so I can take it to work and pick it up to work on at lunch hours.



If you think it will be a cute BOM (I know I do) then make sure to scurry over to Angie's before the first BOM patterns get taken down.  Either way her prices are reasonable to think about it.

The wind has picked up now and the lights are flickering.  Time to sign off.  Everybody have a safe and good night.


No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...