Sunday, January 20, 2013

Turtle Dyed once

I managed to do a coffee stain on the fabric and after it had been put on, dried and ironed, I washed it.  I didn't want to give it as a gift if it was going to wash out or run.

Hmm.  Now I have to decide if I'm going to go for a second layer of stain or not.  What do you think?


Can you see a difference?  I might have to try something else.  Hmm.  Perhaps coffee grounds being blotted onto it?  I don't want to use paint for a couple of reasons.  The first is that I don't know how to use it and don't have time to learn it before I need to finish it.  The second is that I want to make sure that this isn't "stiff" which is also why I don't want to do the colored pencils.  The fabric medium to make them "set" usually leaves a sheen on it and/or makes it a little stiffer.



No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...