Friday, May 2, 2014

Sniff...sniff...Do you Smell Something Burning?

That is what I was thinking to myself last night.  I didn't think anything of it at first since it was chilly and some of my neighbors like to burn leaves and fires but eventually it sunk in.  It didn't smell like burning leaves or logs.  What was it?  So I went around looking for something in my apartment that was overheating.  First I checked my baseboard heaters to make sure nothing was blocking them and then I discovered what it was.  When I straightened up I turned around and noticed my lampshade on one of my floor lamps was cocked to one side.  Oh boy.  Have you smelled plastic melting and burning?  Yeah, it's a terrible smell isn't it.



That's not all of it.  THEN I noticed that the light bulb had melted plastic on it and it was smoking.  Out came the large boxed fan to help blow away the smoke so my smoke detector didn't go off.  Now the smell has permeated through my small space so I opened up the window to help get rid of it.  What happened to the light bulb?  It's still functioning.  Minus a shade.


One of these days I'll have to replace it.  Life can be an adventure can't it.  :)


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...