Monday, May 5, 2014

Spray Starch vs. 505 Basting Spray

I was watching a video today on the quiltingboard and was caught up in a comment that was made.  Here is the video link:



She accidentally discovered that she could use spray starch instead of her 505 can of basting spray.  She made a comment about “just iron to set your starch like you do with your 505 basting”.  I’ve never used 505 but do use basting spray.  Do you iron your project after putting on the basting spray to hold your layers together?  I haven’t but wondered if it made a difference.  I couldn't imagine doing that on a large project but perhaps smaller ones.  Curious minds want to know.

3 comments:

Sue Cottle said...

worth a try if it holds it all together!

Loved the flaming marshmallow - made my day.

sue:)

Kat Scribner said...

I have used basting spray occasionally. I don't recall ever ironing on it. Suppose I'll have to go watch the video to see if she found doing that beneficial. Have a Happy Day, Bonni.

Kat Scribner said...

Well, correct me, Bonni. I went to see the video. Somehow my brain wrapped around that you were talking about ironing on basting spray. Closer attention,Kat! It was spray starch!!! Yea. That is cheaper and you don't have to worry about fumes in enclosed areas. Thanks for sharing this...definitely worth a try.

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...