Saturday, August 6, 2016

Saturday Accomplishments

I feel so accomplished today.  I finally found something that worked to unscrew the two screws holding the plate that covers up the bobbin.  I was still a plain to use because it is only around 1 1/2" tall!  I wonder if I can find a "real" screw driver that would work because I want something a bit more substantial.  Still I can't complain too loudly because it did work.  After cleaning out around the bobbin area (including taking the holder for it out), I reassembled and now the machine is working again.  It's still not working right but it is working so that is good enough for now.  It enabled me to finish this flimsy or "top" which is good since it stopped working after I got it half finished.


It's a Sunbrust Star from the Missouri Star Quilt Company and is done in blacks and grays with a black border.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-grDlGdebQI

Now I have to think what to use for the back and binding.  I've seen enough Half Square Triangles (HST) for a long time.  My machine didn't like going through all the HST so I hope it will work out when it comes to the quilting part.

I also managed to get another block done for the Splendid Sampler BOM.  This is actually a bonus block since we are at the middle of the BOMs.


It is to represent a moon coming over a mountain.  So I have a dark side of the moon thing going on with it but the main thing is that I finished another block!

Maybe tomorrow I'll get some cross stitching done.

Everybody have a great day.


No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...