Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wednesday's chore

I have started to go through the book that my grandmother made for Tony for Christmas in 1949.  It is my understanding that she made it for all her grandchildren at the time (four - two boys, two girls).  I am sure that she probably did the same book, except for the outer cover, for all of them. 


The book's cover is hand made and covers one of those notebooks that have the black covers on them and then she hand appliqued their names to the front. 

Here is what Wednesday has to say.  I don't think that Grandma drew things herself so the drawings in the book were probably embroidery designs that could be copied.





More to come when I scan and take pictures of the contents.  :)


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...