Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday arrived!!!!!!!

Wow.  What a week.  Busy at work and trying to be busy at night also.  Of course it wasn't as productive as I wanted it to be but I did get some quilty type thought figured out.  Hopefully that will make the weekend go better.

I did get something in the mail which was fun.  Rose Hall from Custom Quilt Kits has started a BOM for applique.  To quote from her website (customquiltkits.com)

"
Applique of the Month Club
Starting in October 2012 I will be offering an Applique of the Month. 
This club is unique in that you don't have to buy something every month.  I will send out an email to my members and if you want the applique for that month, let me know.  If you don't, that's OK, just let me know that, too.
If you want the appliques being offered that month, I will send you a Paypal invoice and once marked paid, I will put your package in the mail.  If you don't use Paypal, we can make arrangements for you to send me a check.
The packages contain 12 appliques, unless otherwise stated.  All have paper backed fusible applied and the material has been prewashed. $5/package.  Members are more than welcome to order more than one package per month."

The first month (September) was mini ornaments.  I ordered it and received it.  They are so cute!





To give you an idea of the size, I put four of them on a 3x5 index card.  There were/are five colors and you get 4 of each color.  So what am I going to do with these?  I am thinking of making some mug rugs or coasters out of them.  Another idea might be to use them for gift tags.  Anything else you can think of?  If you go to her website, you'll see the list of what she had to offer each month.  While you're there take time out to search through her website.

Psst.  Did you catch the line that you don't have to order something every month?  Isn't that nice?  Also note that she isn't offering mini's every time.  Just this first one ended up being mini's.

Once again that was:

http://www.customquiltkits.com/Applique-of-the-Month-Club/

Happy Stitching!
 

No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...