Monday, October 15, 2012

New Project

The month is half over and I'm still working on projects that need to be done by the end of the month.  For those of you who know me, you know I can't work on one project at a time.  Sooooo, besides the test pattern, I started my project for the last bucket list drawing of the year.  Scroll down a bit and you'll the pattern that I chose to do with the theme being applique.

Yep that right.  Bonni is still doing the happy dance with this drawing.  I'm doing the middle block first and then will decide if I want to do the rest of the pattern or not.

Of course I had to pick my favorite red fabric for this pattern and here is part of the block.  It is fused down but not stitched yet.  In the corner will be some redwork.   Watcha think?


The white is a little off (cell phone) but also because of the towel I had underneath it when I fused.  Had to fuse on my card table since it is almost 20".  The cut down size should be closer to 18.5" but I overcut it and will cut it down after all the embroidery is done.


2 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

That's a pretty block! Did you cut it out yourself? So you will be stitching it by machine this time? I know you are a major hand stitcher. It's lovely. Doesnt it fall into our Hawaiian Applique category on Cbees? You will have to post it there as inspiration when that skill comes up.

Bonni said...

It is fused on and I will be stitching it by hand. :) I was going to window it this time but thought it had enough cuts in it so will do it regular way. I'll post pictures as I go along on it. You could easily cut it Hawaiian Applique type (or as some call it - snowflake design). I just happened to cut it all out at once this time.

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...