Friday, May 31, 2013

Two patterns in Quilt Pattern Magazines

I am so excited!!!!!!  I checked online and The Quilt Pattern Magazine has the June issue out.  As you all know it is one of my FAVORITE magazines and like a lot of their patterns.  I have done test patterns for them before and, as many of you know, I can't show pictures of it or talk about it until they are published in the magazine.  June has TWO patterns in it that I tested and they put pictures of my work in it.  Silly me....but I do love to see that.

Soooo, now I can talk about it.

The first is called Moonshine Serenade.  This is different from what I would normally have done but when I saw the pattern I knew I had JUST the right fabric for it.  Gasp!  I didn't have to buy much in order to do it.  Wait...could that be called...DECREASING my stash?  So that's what it feels like.

Anyway, here is the picture of it.  I put it up in my office and I think it looks pretty good there.


It's a little hard to see but the background is a black/grey star pattern.  The lake and first border is a very light grey on grey and the second border is a green.  The green border brings out the green stitching for shrubs and grass as well as the buds on the tree.  The embroidery was all hand done.  The brown area around the frozen lake reminds me of pebbles and stones.  I know...It's hard to see in the picture.

The other pattern that I tested is called Painted Hearts.  It's more like what I normally do but it was the first table runner that I ever did.  I like it.


Well that's it.  Once again you should check out The Quilt Pattern Magazine.  It costs very little for a year subscription ($14.99 US) and it's packed with great patterns and articles.

http://www.quiltpatternmagazine.com/subscribe.html


2 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

This is so worth getting excited about, Bonni. The projects are lovely. I especially like the unique-ness of them. So much in the mags are too much the same.

Bonni said...

@Kat. Thanks Kat. That is one thing I like about Quilt Pattern Magazine. It has a nice variety. I'll probably take a better picture at work this week and post it up or at least some close ups of the wall hanging. This time with my camera instead of my phone. LOL.

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...