Friday, February 7, 2014

What's Missing.....

It's Friday night and while watching the Olympics I decided to start to sew on my purple rail fence wall hanging.  I was making good progress and managed to get all the blocks sewn together and squared up.  Then I laid them out on the floor to take a picture so I could remember which way they had to lay out in order to get that zig zab effect and......


Yeah, I bet you noticed it also.  I'm one block short.  To be more accurate, I think I'm half of a block short.  Tomorrow I will have to go through all the strips I saved and see if I can reconstruct enough material to finish up that one block.  Then it will be off to the store to figure out what to do about a border.  I have my binding fabric and I have the fabric for the back.  I just need to get some fabric for the borders.  While I am out I might also go and pick out some more black to work on another wall hanging.  I'm thinking of doing The Zipper Quilt from Missouri Quilt Company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtLL4liuW8o 

I think it would be a cute wall hanging and it doesn't take too much fabric.  I have a charm pack called Jungleland that I am considering using.



It would turn it into more of a wall hanging for a child's room but I think it could be cute.   I will have to think about it for a bit.  I also saw another video from Missouri Quilt Company that I am considering trying to make the block they showed.

It's for the Wedge Star and I even have the wedge from them that I had bought awhile ago but never used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDhsId_OUyc

This is the wedge that they are referring to.



All of these decisions to make....tomorrow or the next day.  Now it's time for me to get to bed.  :)

Everybody be warm and safe.



No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...