Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Finished mom's present

Mom turns 95 in December (the 10th) and really doesn't need anything so I just thought I'd do her that 10 minute table runner for her.  I am using the inner fabric which has bright cupcakes on it and then a bright orange for the outer border.  Then I got Rose from Custom Quilt Kits to do me a couple of  cupcakes with her Go Studio Die for the corners and it is now finished.  I knew she had the cupcake die because it was one of her applique of the month offerings.  I think it is cute and should fit nicely on her thin hospital table.  You know the kind.  Those thing ones that can go over the beds, etc.


This should hang down just a little bit.  If I used the same size straws to measure that I did on Sunday, her table top is 3 1/2 straws long and this is 4 straws long.  Don't you just love what you'll pick up to measure when you don't have a ruler or measuring tape around?  I had straws so straws it was.  LOL.  I think that the two cupcakes on the end sent it off nicely and match the inner fabric well too.

Now on to another project.  I'm still doing my redwork but my mind is already going along the lines of I want to do a log cabin (block that is).  I was watching a video on it and I liked how unstructured the instructions were.  I don't feel like precutting my length of fabric to exactly match the sides that I need to do etc.  This gave a 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" center but then she just used 2 1/2" strips to keep adding to the sides.  I have lots of 2 1/2" strips (not to mention the AccuQuilt GO! 2 1/2" strip die) so I might do that.  Of course you trim as you go along but don't really need to precut other than getting your strips.  If it gets too long to use I'll just cut my 2 1/2" strips down a little bit for easier handling.  Wish me luck.

Break time is over so it is back to work.  I'll catch up with you all later.

No comments:

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...