Sunday, October 26, 2014

What a day....of Oops and Mom pictures

Ever had one of "those" days?  Of course you have.  Today started out nice but then the oops snuck up on me.  But first let me tell you the good stuff.  Kerm, my brother, called and said it was his week to bring breakfast (and me) to mom for Sunday Breakfast.  YAY!  I get a week off.  Always love that.

 While I was waiting for him to pick me up, I took my camera and snapped some shots of the trees and stuff around my block.








 Nice start right?  So off to McDonald's we go.  We didn't get everything we ordered but enough for breakfast (and mom's hot picante sauce) and I called up when I got home so they will replace what was left out next time.  I think it is funny that they got the 16 packets of hot picante sauce right but left out two regular sausage burritos.  Oh well.

So we got to mom's and I had taken her a new wall hanging.  It was in oranges so it was more seasonal.  She decided that the Fourth of July Flag that she had help to make (with Activities Dept) could go home with me so I could put up her new wall hanging.





Since Kerm was there and semi laughing at me hanging up her wall hanging, I snuck a picture of him with mom also.  Mom is one of these "move it" but doesn't tell you which direction or how far type of people.



He was so busy tell mom to smile that he didn't notice that I got him in the picture too.  SCORE!

So I came home feeling pretty good about what I had accomplished this morning and then it went down hill from there.

I left my angel block at work so couldn't work on her.


Instead I found some more fabric and decided to do another one because I really wanted to get it done and in the mail.  Angel number two colors were:


Not bad.  I made a lot of good progress on her last night and I knew that I could finish it this morning.  Or so I thought...

Managed to finish it and then I went to square it up since I cut my background fabric larger than needed so I don't have to worry if the fabric shrinks a little bit due to hand stitching.

Ummmm.  Somewhere in my squaring up, I started to cut a side that I had already cut.  Yeah, you got it.  Can't use it now.  I even drew a line up on it with my water soluable pen to double check before throwing it out.



Disgusted with myself, I decided I wouldn't let it get to me so I pulled out something else to work on.  Remember the fold and sew method I talked about yesterday?  I did it with some blue jean squares I have had for ages.  They are approximately 8" so I cut my center at 4" and away I went.


If you saw this in person you'd see that there is a VERY slight difference in the red sashings because I ran out and pulled out another red.  That is when I saw that the blocks didn't line up right.  That spoiled it for me.  I'm done with it.  Won't even put a back on it.  Terrible isn't it?

Bound to rescue something today, I pulled out the purple angel block again.  I cut it out from the backing and now I'm in the middle of turning back the white background (thank you Elmer's School Glue).  I will turn it into an applique for something sometime.



Dare I try to do something else today?  I don't know.  I have some fused pieces that are only partially sewn on.  perhaps I will pick one of those up.

Wish me luck!


2 comments:

esther said...

So sorry your day went bad for you. NEVER ever toss anything out!! If you can not save it sent it to me I will save it into a donation quilt for some youth or preemie baby!!! Your mom is looking good. Glad you get to have breakfast with her. Always check your order before leaving ant fast food place. They are always leaving items out. I hope your week goes well for you. <3 <3

esther said...

So sorry your day went bad for you. NEVER ever toss anything out!! If you can not save it sent it to me I will save it into a donation quilt for some youth or preemie baby!!! Your mom is looking good. Glad you get to have breakfast with her. Always check your order before leaving ant fast food place. They are always leaving items out. I hope your week goes well for you. <3 <3

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...