Sunday, October 12, 2014

What's on the design board

I haven't gotten much done today but I did manage to get some things organized so I can be more productive next week.  One of the things I did manage to get done was one of my redwork blocks.  That's our bucket list draw this month.  I have a set of three blocks (Christmas themed) that I am working on.  I will have to option of using all three as a table runner or individually.  Here is the one that I finished today (still have to trim it).


The next block will be an angel.  I managed to get it transferred to the fabric today so I can start to work on that also.

While I was going through stuff, I noticed I still had a couple of blocks that needed doing for the Civil War BOM that I was in.  I haven't sewn them but I did pin them up on individual boards so I can work on them this week.




Another BOM that I discovered I didn't finish was this wool and cotton snowman BOM.  I put it aside because I didn't like the pattern's sashings.  Now that I've sewn a little more I've gotten a little more confidence is saying "if I don't like it I'll change it".  Now to figure out to change it.


I'm not a fan of sashings so obviously the first layout that I'm auditioning is without sashings.  Then I remembered I had some snowflake fused applique that I could use.  It's sitting on my carpet right now waiting for me to make up my mind.  At first I liked it but the more I look at it the snowflakes are too white I think.  Not that I want "dirty" snowflakes either.  I will have to think on another layout.

What is everybody else working on this week?  Oh yeah, check out how my home made tortillas turned out.  I'm putting up a picture on my other blog.

http://bonni-gettinghealthy.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

esther said...

Yes I agree they are to white. They were the first thing I saw when I first looked at it. Takes away from your other blocks. And I love your other blocks. Love your Red Work also.

Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...