Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December 10th - Happy 95th Birthday Mom

I know this is a day early but I wanted to get it posted before I forgot where I put the pictures.  LOL.

This is the season for strange and bad things to happen so I am thankful that mother is still with us.  Last week my boss lost his mother and a co-worker (a young man who helped out our IT guru) died. A online quilting friend lost her husband recently and many more are sick.  Even I have a cold which seems so trivial compared to all of that.  I'm writing this on December 9th so I can get it posted a little early and not worry about it.

I woke up this morning (the 9th) with a phone call from my brother Kerm.  That is never a good sign.  He said that mother had slipped out of her wheel chair trying to pick up an empty plastic cup.  The nurses didn't think she had hurt herself and watched her for most of the night.  By morning on the 9th, her leg had started to swell so they sent her to the hospital.  The nursing home is close to the hospital so it didn't take them long to get there and by noon they were sending her back to the nursing home.  She has an in line fracture (broken leg) which they immobilized so there wasn't a reason to keep her at the hospital.

I am so glad that I managed to get her birthday present done and delivered on Sunday because she looked so dang cute when she saw what it was.  (Drum roll please)

Here is mother looking at the birthday cupcake table runner that I did.  She liked the two larger ones on each end because she could see them easily.



Then she found out that she was to get something else.  I had to help her unwrap it but since it was only tissue paper it didn't take her long to figure out what to pull on to reveal the prsent.



Ta DA!  She's been wanting a larger watch but Kerm didn't want to get her one in case it got stolen or she lost it.  I happened to find this deal at Walmart where the watch and a separate bracelet were only $10.  It had a lot of bling.  I  don't think she can see the numbers but she could see the bling and that is what mattered.

Artificial diamonds looks so shiny so she was very happy to see all the shiny.  :)



This is the watch.   The bracelet next to it is something that Kerm brought for her.  It looks like tiny Christmas lights and when you fasten it around your wrist it lights up.  MORE pretty lights!


Here is the bracelet that came with the watch.  As you can see.  Bling was the name of the game on Sunday.



So she had a good Sunday and even though she slipped out of her wheel chair (we don't blame the nurses, mother is tricky) she is back at the home where they can pamper her and she'll be able to tell me ALL about it when I get over this cold.

Happy Birthday Mom!

1 comment:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...