Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Quilting with Mom - December 23, 2014

I told you before how mom would be kicking my butt saying to get crafting and don't let your time off work be unproductive.  That being said I figured I had better listen to her before she kicked my butt.

So with Ms. Edith sitting in the chair watching me, I managed to iron out my 2 1/2" strips and she is holding some for me.


This bear was made for my mom and I reclaimed it after she died.  Because she was made with so many pink flowers she was named Ms. Edith after my mom.

So I starched my fabric which I have never done that before.  The next time I use the start I probably should do it before I run it through the AccuQuilt GO!  It still worked out nicely.  These are the blue fabric that Lyndon brought back from Ghana for me.  I have a little more but I'm not using them this time.  I am thinking of doing a zipper quilt because I liked how that looked in a wall hanging in my office.


With using the AccuQuilt GO! 2 1/2" strip die, it didn't take long to have my fabric cut.  Then I just had to cut them into the 5" segments.  The dark blue will be used for the zipper instead of black.

Next was off to the sewing machine to sew the 2 1/2" blocks to the rectangles.  I decided to just chain piece everything and only do six rectangles of each color in order to get an idea of how I wanted to lay it all out.



Snip snip and back to the ironing board.  Now they are all laid out for me to play with the layout later.



I'll talk to everybody later.  Time to run some errands.  I hope everybody has a great day.  Anybody who is travelling for the holidays please be safe.



2 comments:

esther said...

Oh I love how Ms. Edith ia holding your strips for you!! Great Job!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You are working hard! Merry Christmas.

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...