Friday, December 19, 2014

Let the Vacation Begin!

That's right.  I'm on vacation!  I am taking Monday and Tuesday off so technically I don't have to be back at work until January 5th.  Not bad right?

With the news that I'm vacation, my brain started to think of what it wants to do.  It sounds like I'll have a lot of time to work on stuff but everybody knows that it will go fast.

I have a project that I'd like to start on.  It came from The Quilt Pattern Magazine December's issue.  It's called The Well Wishers.  This would be for a present (I think).



I think that tomorrow I might start the search for my fabric.  It is official now.  While typing this post I was on the phone and will now make this up and know who I will give it too.  Don't you love how it  things seem to come together?  The red in this needs to be a particular shade so my friend is going to send me a swatch so I can try to match it.  I think I might do the border in red then so it will stand out a bit more.  I haven't the foggiest on how I'll want to quilt it though.  I'll keep you informed.

I have some other things that I will want to work on so I think this weekend I will start to make my list of what I want to do.

Why was I going to start this weekend?  Yes it is because it's the weekend but also because between Lyndon giving me my Christmas present and the donations that were given to me from work, I have a $100 visa gift card that I can use.  Here's one of the best parts.  They even wrote on the card that I'm to use it for myself.  hehehe.  I love my work!


No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...