Saturday, January 29, 2022

Cooking Day

 I woke up today and felt like cooking so I made some peanut butter cookies and breakfast egg muffins.  Earlier in the month I made some other food also (duh, of course I did since I have to eat) and forgot to post the pictures so I am including them in this post also.  First up the peanut butter cookies.


Much to my surprise they came out right the first time around!  I almost decided to make another batch but didn't want to press my luck.  

Earlier in the day I decided to make some breakfast egg muffins.  The only reason they are called muffins is that they are cooked in a muffin tin.  LOL.  This batch consists of in each time, an egg, some hamburger, and some cheese. 


I like to eat these by themselves or between bread for  a quick breakfast sandwich.  I usually make them up when I have leftovers.  I use almost any kind of meat I have around or veggies.  It is a good way to use up eggs that are about to expire too!

Of course I forgot to post a picture of a casserole when I made it earlier in the month but here it is.  I saw it on an YouTube video.  I like to watch videos that show cheap (or extreme) shopping trips to see how cheap you caa make a meal.  Sometimes I get good ideas on casseroles.  What drew me to this recipe is that you use a stove top type dressing on top and then pour chicken brother over that so it doesn't get dried out.  It was really good.


Another recipe I made that I forgot to post a picture of was my Sunday roast.  Nothing like roasts on Sundays.  It brings back so many great memories.  This time it was a pork loin roast with potatoes, onions, and carrots.


With all the cooking on my mind, I couldn't resist ordering another cookbook.  Did I need it?  Of course not but that didn't stop me.  LOL.


I'll let you know how it is when I get it.  :)  In the meantime, stay safe and warm.

Hugs to all!

No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...