Friday, January 21, 2022

What? Another post?

 WOW, I'm on a roll.  It is a cold da here in Arkansas.  The high barely got above freezing and I spent most of the morning hibernating underneath the blankets all wrapped up.  What a great morning.  LOL.  Even now I feel it calling me.  I decided that I must stay awake if I want to sleep tonight.  I slept good last night all the way up to 2 a.m.  That's when I moved to the love seat and brought out a blanket to add to the ones I keep there.  After lighting the pilot light again, I blissfully buried underneath everything and got some more sleep.  The pilot has stayed on since then so don't worry, I am keeping warm.  The temp in the house is a little cool but that just makes being a mummy underneath blankets all the more fun.  My landlord has a regular for the furnace on order but it hasn't come in yet.  :)  So far no frozen pipes so I'm getting along ok.

A cuople of hours later I went outside and fed the cats.  Only a couple of them were up and waiting.  I just finished giving them their evening meal and this time there was 4 cats out there and they had eaten all their earlier food so they are doing ok.  Feeding the cats got me thinking on what to make for the weekend.  I needed to thaw out the meat so I had to plan ahead.  I was going to cook.  I think I will cook a small pork loin roast since I also have some potatoes that need cooking and I also have some carrots and onions.  Not sure when to cook it since it is frozen and this weather isn't conducive to  a quick thaw.  Then I found around 4 recipes that I printed up for my "Monday recipe" emails.,  I am thinking now that perhaps tomorrow I will make one of them. It is called Hemberger  Jazz.  It is simple and I have everything for it but have to thaw out the hamburger.  The ingredients are:  ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, diced tomatoes, rice, shredded cheese and salt and pepper to taste.  I think it should be good and it makes 4 serving so I won't have a ton of leftovers.

I also cleaned up the other side of the sewing room.  One step closer to getting back into crafting.  I am downloading some BOMS but I won't mention them yet.  I'm waiting to see how long it will take me to get to be able to work on them and that will tell me how many BOMs I will collect.  First up is some blocks of Ladies Aid that need to be done and caught up on.  Th next block in that is one that has hearts on it so that would be good to work on in February.  Speaking of February, I need to change up some of my wall hangings to reflect February.  I have at least one will hanging that has hearts on it but it isn't finished yet.  The top is done so I can at least put it up on the design wall as a reminder to get it done.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Everybody hvae a great day and stay warm and safe.  I'll post again when I have more updates.

1 comment:

A Walk With Susan said...

Glad you are staying warm and the cats are eating well. Very happy to hear the pilot is staying lit. Being all snuggly is not a bad way to stay. LOL I would have loved to be all snuggly today. I turned the heat up in the office and had my little floor space heater going all day to keep from being a popsicle.

Wow, the sewing room must be in pretty good shape. Can't wait until you are able to get back in there to be creative!

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...