Friday, June 21, 2013

International Quilt Show Swag!

I took plenty of pictures but I will upload them another day.  I am soooo tired but had a great time with Diane.  Thanks again for driving Diane.  I had a ball!

Of course I spent money at the show but actually found some great deals.  Here is what I bought.  If you look at some of the patterns you'll see that I caught a sale on them (look for orange stickers).  I also picked up some Pearle Cotton which Bird Brain Designs had for $3.  It's a great price.  Anyway, here is the initial swag.

In addition to picking up a program booklet, I decided to get a pin this year.

Yep, that's right.  I got the patterns and rules for $1 or under

The pink flashlight is going to be for mom, the African Dancers pattern I will use some Ghana fabric on.  The stiletto was advertised as African Porcupine Quill.  Not sure if I believe that but I needed something like that anyway.  I also bought white Aurifill thread.  Never used that before so will try it out. 

From Bird Brain Designs.  The thread only cost $3 and the thread holders were only $1.

This is a nifty thing.  You can rinse of the rollers (sticky when dry) so you don't have to keep buying it.  It came with a long telescoping one, two small purse size, and a medium size.  Saw it pick up everything a quarter to needles, etc.  

Some more cheap patterns

And even more cheap patterns

My new tote bag/purse.  I love it!


Diane and I ate there and, of course, it was expensive.  Like ball park expensive.  $10 for a cheeseburger and a small diet drink.  But that's ok.  It was part of its charm and we looked forward to setting down to rest.  LOL.

In the next day or two I'll start to post pictures that I took.

I hope your day was as great as mine was.

No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...