Saturday, June 8, 2013

Snowmen in Progress

I've started on the Snowmen BOM that I am doing.  It's a wool on cotton BOM and pretty easy so far.  I've not worked on wool before so this is interesting.  They say to use a fusible on it but I've found that I have to press down a lot harder in order for it to stick.  We'll see if get better at it.  Here is one of the blocks.



I also managed to get the mini block of the month from The Quilt Pattern Magazine done.  It is a tie and I wanted to give it a little traditional look.  All black didn't work out well though so I used the same material that I used for the Moonshine Serenade.  That too didn't look right but the third time WAS the charm.  I reversed the material and then it showed up nicely.  The reversed side showed more of the silver/grey swirls in the fabric and now I am happy with it.


Well that's it for this short break.  Time to get back to stitching.  Have a great day everybody.

No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...