Sunday, July 21, 2013

I am fortunate

I am most fortunate in the fact that I have so many friends.  So thank you all who I consider to be my friends.  :)

I am also fortunate that I finished the mini block of the month this month.  Didn't think that I would EVER get it done even though it is relatively simple to do.



I had to do it twice because I didn't cut my fabric wide enough.  I"ll make a mug rug out of the first one.  The first one looks more like a flower than a star but that's ok.  It's a learning process.

The other reason that I am so fortunate is that I received a super lovely birthday present the other day.  My friend Connie bought me Sweet Sixteen applique quilt pattern designed by Edyta Sitar.  I LOVE her work.




I am itching to start this one or at least one or two blocks from it but need to finish my inspired blocks first.

Oh well.  back to stitching.  I hope you are having as great of a weekend as I am.


Whew! Time for a break!

I have been busy these last few days.  I even got out my sewing machine and did some 9 patch blocks so I could continue on with Fleur.  Do y...